Sunday, September 02, 2007

A tribute to you Shank!!



~~~Shashank Swarup~~~



A friend who left us forever and went off alone to that place beyond. Funny really that I found out a lot of new aspects of his now. We were good buddies, but then this guy had a way with making frenz… I guess it was his innocence n matter-of-fact frankness that really appealed to everyone. I dunno it’s still not digestible, this fact about him leaving us…. I really thot abt this for a few days and realized that I needed to write this. I needed to tell people the little I knew of this guy and of what he meant to all those around him.
He played a lot of roles these are a few I thot I could chart out.

As a friend: As a buddy he was a darling. He just knew when I was upset and when I just wanted sum1 next to me and just be present. He was a total psycho. But a psycho with a big heart and a lot of understanding, many a times he just knew unspoken things. He had a funny way to console people. And yet when he did, it came across that he cared. And really that’s all that finally does matter, right? For me he was my ICSE buddy. The first person I ended up chatting with and finally bugging the whole class. 11D my first class in APJ, a co-ed I thot id never adjust to, cumin from an all girls skul. But know wat… shank turnd out 2b one of my very first buddies in class…. The irony being that he was an ex all-boy-skul product himself. Strange how things go abt dnt they? There were many times he sacrificed his wants to take care of a friend. And know something although he left for Pune to complete his grad his heart stayed with his frenz in Delhi. For him we were almost family. Being a hostelite…this is a fact that just cumz naturally, something I am sure all people who’ve ever stayed in a hostel would know. If you ever spoke to him on the ph (mind he wud usually not b the one calling up) you could hear the yearning in his voice.

And like his whole life his death turned out to be ironical. Those he loved so much in his life. For those he would run across the world for, there wasn’t anyone who was present there beside him when he left this world.


As a brother: As a bro…well I found this very strange when I heard that he was the responsible one between the siblings. Truly speaking, although I knew this guy was a caring fella I never could count him as a responsible bro…but he turned out to be more than that… he became a father figure for his younger brother. He was everything for that little guy.. a father a friend a guide.. Everything!! I last met Shank a year back…ever since we just never could meet up… and yet he left a void in me…but when I think of Shwetab… his younger bro… I realise that no one’s lament could match that little boys sorrow…

As an achiever:
Yep he proved himself… this guy showed everyone that if you put your heart into a thing you could achieve it. He had his heart set on Symbiosis Pune. He had gotten thru quite a few good colleges but he never took the easy way out. He had created his aim and went for it…. And his struggle paid of and he got thru…. Just that he never got to study there………………….. but then I am so proud of this guy who was such a laid back chilled out kinda guy otherwise but a guy who turned out to have so much will-power that he fulfilled his dream before he left for his final visit to the Almighty. YOU DID IT SHANK!!!!!

As a son: This is one role I can’t talk on much, since I never really saw him playing it. But I do know that he loved his family…I do know that he was the eldest son in his family and that he always performed his duties as well.

4 comments:

VIVEK said...

Those who leave us , will only truly be gone when they are not in our hearts. For him there will always be a place in the heart of those who knew him , a place that will be,like his memory; live on forever.

Sam said...

Remember what Dumbledore said: "I'll be truly gone, when no one remembers /believes in me." Shank lives on through your memories... and all others shared by your friends. He'll live.. only as a presence.. a neo-existence to comfort you when you need him the most!! It'll hurt now... but can also give you strength when you need it!!
God bless his soul!!

Tushar Mangl said...

Oh Lord...bless this young man's soul
...and give strength to his near and dear ones...to cope up with the loss
they have suffered...Bles this young women oh Lord...who writes for her friend
for her love for her friend...is quite an example for us to follow
To u oh creator we bow down and pray
Amen

Hoppy said...

altough he is no more in a physical form
sm part of ur lyf nd personality has been markd wid his mere presence in ur lyf
nd it is thru dese characterstics dat he will continue living.........
dats hw his ideas nd way of doin things will be conveyed to d wrld

he meant a lot to u nd m sure dat if he cud c dis tribute he wud hav been on cloud 9
mayb dats whre he is ryt nw........

so cheer all dose moments nd all dose memories nd he shall live forevr in ur hrt nd u urself will feel his presence wen u need him d most.....
wenevr u feel lyk u miss him jst luk inside ur heart nd dre he will b beaming upto u, encouragin u nd helpin u to move on nd face ur lyf......dats wat he did too

May his soul rest in peace...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...