Thursday, June 28, 2012

Just another weird moment...


Sometimes life throws weird awkward situations just to see us squirm. Moments when you have no idea what to do!  Whether doing something would make you seem stupid or not doing something would end up making you look cold.
I got a small curve ball this morning. It happened while I was on a rickshaw on my way to work. Now usually I am on the move at a time when most of my colleagues have reached the office. The fact that I live not too far off from my office building helps me shirk off the urgency of leaving early... Hence I reach more or less dot @ 10. Anyhow as I said my life was getting too bored and thought it the apt time of throwing me into an uncomfortable situation.

So on my way I see a colleague of mine walking down to the office (a building still about a kilometer away from where we crossed paths). To make matters worse it was kind of hot and humid today. So ye here I was in a rickshaw almost reaching my destination.
And next to me a colleague walking with a small trolley suitcase walking down the same road towards the same destination. And all I got was a split second to decide. Should I halt my rickshaw and offer him to join me? But would it look silly since a rickshaw is small
And he is just someone I know by face? Then again it is hot and we are going the same way. But he showed no interest in joining in just smiled and kept walking. But maybe he didn’t want to sound needy, I would’ve done the same, but I would have also hoped the guy in the rickshaw would offer me a ride.

Then again there was this gender issue. I mean I don't even nod at him and he doesn't nod at me at the office, plus he is slightly senior. If I had offered him a ride would he have felt offended or obliged to take my offer. I mean if he did not want to walk he could have taken a rickshaw himself, there were plenty around.

So maybe he did want to walk down after all.

Phew. By this time I bet you can imagine how far my rickshaw went ahead, surprisingly the destination was still a bit further off. Then I forced myself to look back.
Things didn’t quite help went I suddenly remembered he had distributed chocolates to our team recently (a more decent form of sweet than Indian sweets, I always end up giving away those, never liked them)
SO anyways here I am still pondering over the fact that if I would have stopped would it have been better, or would he have said no and walked on thereby embarrassing both himself and me on a matter I should have just let be.

So is this all just a very bored superpower enjoying itself by making us squirm? Or should I just shut up now and not over think this...?

Sigh! Some questions we would never get any answer too: P

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...