Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Some Gibberish!!!!...

I fancy myself a writer of sorts. Oh, believe me I know I am but an average writer and yet....

My friends -both in the virtual and the real world- praise me to the extent that at times I get concieted and carried away by my own thoughts.

All this is rather funny because whenever one of my "fans" show me their work I feel totally insignificant and at times even mocked at.

I suddenly feel that my work seems to be kindergarten stuff in front of those of my friends. For my choice of words I think are totally simple and usually lack subtlety (which all my friends totally agree upon).

All this is so true, and yet I always did want to keep my writings simple. It was something I admired in the poems of wordsworth. To me a poem had always been a means to express your thoughts and ideas to the people on the whole.

Wordsworth always used the language of the comman man. Beautiful thoughts and great philosophies of life were communicated in such wondeful verses, that every person who read it got enthralled by it. Yes, thats the one trait I loved Wordsworth for and kept him as my mentor unconciously.

So am I trying to justify myself? Hmmm..maybe I am, not that I claim to be a second Wordsworth (a very politically correct statement, dont u think). But I guess its either this reason or the fact that I am a totally idiotic writer with an ego of the size of a basketball. So I'd rather stick to the former idea.

Well my love affair with words began when my elementry teacher, Mdm. Perry, at UNIS made me pen stories or should I say type stories. I stuck to story writing initially, for to me poems were for the elite.

Now the person I want to thank for getting me started with poetry, is my father and of course the 3rd grade(umm...i meant the 3rd std) teacher who had asked us to make a project on pollution. It was my father's idea that I add a poem in the end for the extra mark. After a lot of bickering and point blank refusals, my father got what he wanted, and the result of which I am still considerd by the whole of my family as a poetess..(eww) and a poem which many of my siblings know by heart to date. I dont think you are really intrested in it. and yet how can I presume that you are actually reading this artcle (also as this is my space and I can do anything with it as I like). I hereby present that masterpiece:

yes unfortunatly I do remember it...ahem newyz....

pollution pollution
i hate pollution
think think think
and find a solution

noises and noises
i hate those noises
when people speak
on top of their voices

whenever i breathe smoke
in my throat i get a choke

if pollution goes on
there would be
nothing left in this world
except thorns.

all this with the elementry "thank you" of course. well thats only about how much I can put down right now. Its not that my mind hasnt got any more ideas running through it. But I think I'd keep the doses slightly light. What say you????

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!

7 comments:

Sam said...

Gibberish did you say??
I would say it is the unconscious ramblings of a very clear mind. Well, you are entitled to your views regarding your writing or rather the way you write. It's quite simple, and at the very end has the ability to deeply etch out a small place in the heart and consciousness of its readers. That my friend is an amazing ability. Your fans may or may not lack that!! The style of writing per se is not what defines a good writer..... I knoe people who are more fluent at the Queens language than any other mortal soul that you might now, yet when they write... technically its good, but they fail to touch you. And if as a writer you fail to touch your readers, if your words fail to caress the very core of the reader.... will call yourself a good writer. That my friend is a skill which you have. Whether you have developed it or is it something you have always had it, I don't know, and frnakly it doesn't really matter!!

Rock on mate, you are good and learn to accept it!! And definitely worth appreciating!!
Cheers!!

Tushar Mangl said...

well well well
some objections from my side...
The title is a dud...its irrelevant and a absolutely wrong...sumit is rite here...that wasnt gibberish..,
Yu call me a negative pessimist..
but why are yu ... underestimating yurself...always remember...no to writers can write the same way...
evry writer has his or her own unique style...if wordsworth wrote well...many other great poets were thr too...but we cant compare any 2 writers...take an example...wat shakespeare wrote...dickens culd nvr do that...and david copperfield no other writer culd have presented it so well...But werent these both writers great in thier own rite,,,
Dont evr decrease yur belief in yurself...a wonderful writer is one who writes from within deep inside...Just dont bother about results...yu keep writng one wonderful piece after another...
WHo knows one day yu reach that calibre of wordsworth...Afterall with each of yur wirtings yu improve...u learn something...yu are inching closer to perfection...
And yu have a long journey to travel...
ANd my big thanx to yur dad and yur teacher....because of whom i can read some wonderful stuff
and ya ... one last thing
that pollution poem was good...u culd have extended it later though
God bless yu aashi...
may he give yu strength to be virtous...kind and humble...and fullfill all yur dreams
My best wishes ans full support always with you

kartikeya said...

really good one aashi...!!
keep it up.....
u r really a gud writer...!!
n
happy birtday...uncle..!!

Ila Singh said...

I'm making a wish that your new birthday year is filled with gentle
blessings and abundant joy for you and your loved ones.

Ila Singh said...

May all your dreams and wishes come alive on that very
special day.I'm making a wish that your new birthday year is filled with gentle
blessings and abundant joy for you and your loved ones.

Ila Singh said...

May all your dreams and wishes come alive on that very
special day.I'm making a wish that your new birthday year is filled with gentle
blessings and abundant joy for you and your loved ones.

Aashi said...

hey bunny!!.. :D..

thnx sooooo much...daddy kinz luvd it.. :)

hey ila..thnkies sweety!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...