Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Soupful of Years..

A tear in your eye and a smile on your lips. That bittersweet feeling, of leaving a beautiful past and yet looking on, in hope for the unknown future. Taking a difficult decision for the right even though it tears your heart apart.

We have all passed thru various phases in our lives. Been hurt and healed simultaneously. Many a times, especially as teenagers we think it’s just us who experience hurt or injustice. We think twice before saying something or sharing our thoughts, fearing that worse would come from the same. Plus our worse fears of being publicly humiliated or pitied leaves us keeping our secrets to ourselves. Little do we realize then that the same inhibitions, fears and stories are being lived by many just like us.

And then we need a friend….

Unfortunately I never did think much of myself as a teen. Was an introvert for most of my teen years. I took comfort in books then. Hung on to them as my best pals. And then there was this one series which really took me away and made me forget my life. Just as a bowlful of chicken soup is something an ill person needs most, my hurt and confused soul needed those dollops of helpings of the “Chicken Soup” series. I guess there were many like me who empathized with those little stories. Each just leaving you with that weird feeling of wondering how on earth did those thoughts you kept in the innermost part of your heart have been so clearly bared out by some stranger living in the other end of the world.

Am sure many shared the same relationship with this particular series like I did. Many times I thought of sending my story. But something always held me back. How I wish at least I would’ve written and preserved my thoughts then. I of course know those stories still and yet I could never replicate that helplessness I had then. And without that it would be useless. For really the essence of these stories were the intensity and honesty of emotions. Well then that’s the past. And I really thank “chicken soup” for helping me sail through those years. Not easy really, but then at least those stories had never let me feel lonely and alone. I always knew that there was someone out there who suffered just like me or even worse and in some strange way of my own it helped me heal. For those who have read them, I trust they’d know what I have been trying to convey and for those who haven’t well your missing something beautiful the soul series is there for every phase of your life. Just go and pick one up for yourself. I hope you would love it as much as I did.

8 comments:

Hoppy said...

well yeah u r ryt aachi

many a tyms evn i found solace in dose beautiful buks
me wasn an introvert evr bt still dre was (r mayb still is) a part of me which was unknown to all
evn to maself at tyms
den was d tym dose buks helped me


weird irony as it is bt dis is d eternal truth dat no matter wat a human is he feels comforted if he knws dat dre is smone else on dis planet who is sufferin as much as v r(or mayb evn more).cruel though bt dats wat d truth is

i hav maself xperianced dat feelin
nd i dunno if i m ashamed of it or shud i b ashamed of it cos aftr all dats humane

Sam said...

alright then.... wud u blv it if i told ya dat i never been thru.. ah!! no never saw one single chicken soup book?? surprised?? lol.. dats me.. i read books... novels.. always fiction.. and i always chose to be my own doctor.. i do stand strong today!!

Aashi said...

@hoppy ..hey shubhs :) .....well yeh one doesnt hvta b an introvert really..n well ur ryt...cruel as it may sound it alwys helps n heals to knw tht there are others who suffr the same or more than u do...

@sam...namesake well really all i can say u missd sumthing truly beautiful...if u cud ever get them ...do read em...those lil tit bits are gorgeous stories....which purge u thru ur very soul.....i am not saying tht one cant survive without it...or is in ne ways weaker..all i am stating is tht...its lyk a companion which simply stays with u n leaves u with a smile n a sense of comfert

Razzmatazz said...

Hey this is the most truthful, crisp and at the same time tranceful piece of writing..
In the times when friends are not around u do get utter solace by reading in books.. But on the other hand there are actually times when pl after pouring in so much bookish knowledg get hallocinations...
yes though a sere argot but yet will hold its significance till this world becomes zilch
Excess of everything is bad

Aashi said...

@razzmatazz...hey jojo..well its true excess of everything is bad...but there are times n ppl who just are lyk tht..n they need company....

for me at least...chicken soup was sumthing without which i dnt think i wudv gottn thru my teens

Tushar Mangl said...

not read the chicken series
..aashi
but yes i can understand wat u wanna convey as...in my teens i nvr had a close friend...books were like painkillers for me...when i culdnt control the inner pain and sadness
i used to and still turn to them
,,,atleast for those few moments..i could be lost in those stories...
and numb tht pain and loneliness
...yur writngs alway touch my heart aashi
very well expressed post
keep up the good work
God bless

Aashi said...

@tush...hey thnx buddy.....u knw its funny..i was expecting you to wonder how the hell was "i" ever an introvert....u never questiond tht...i am pleasently surprised.. :)

glad u understud tht wat i wishd 2 convey buddy :D

Moonstruck Crackerjack said...

hey...i din read da chicken soup series...but i was kinda an introvert too...but i did find comfort in comics..but den you hav 2 take in2 account dat i am 10 years behind my age in terms of mental capacity....

so by dat calculation...i think dis series will greatly comfort me wen i am 27-29 yrs old....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...