Monday, June 04, 2007

What happend to that five letter word?

When was the last time you trusted a stranger? Did you ever feel guilty of not helping out a blind or a physically challenged person cross the road? When was the last time you gave your phone to a needy person? Do you totally believe a person when they say that they’d change in2 a new leaf?
Well frankly I’d put my head down coz I am defiantly guilty of not having faith in people. Strange don’t you think? I mean the way we go about it just because 10 percent of the population we don’t help out the rest 90%. We are suspicious and apprehensive about everything at all times aren’t we?
Pardon me if it hurts sentiments but really the worse of such cases I have seen is mistrust towards Muslims. I can’t seem to understand why because of a few freaks the whole community is looked down upon. I have quite a few Muslim buddies and really there ain’t any issues with them. Heck one doesn’t even care or know about it unless asked specifically.
in fact I think I’d take an e.g. from my own family. My bhabhi (sis in law) and I were traveling on a train with a baby. Now we had a rather uncomfortable seat and the child needed to have some space. There was a berth next to us which was solely occupied by a Muslim gentleman. I requested my bhabhs to ask him for the seat but I got the weirdest reaction possible from her and she simply put it that he is a Muslim. That taking into account that she is the most broadminded person I know. Well I simply went on my own and he graciously gave up his seat I mean just cause some terrorists turn out to be Muslims it doesn’t mean that you’d typecast the whole faith as that.

It’s unfair.

5 comments:

Sam said...

well. and interesting aspect of looking at things!! its true, trust is becoming an luxurious commodity these days..... very hard to find, easy to lose!! god!! its so bad!! I learnt it teh hard way.... we always trust.... its just a matter of being positve or neagative!! so... my take has always been, trust.... trust withall your heart!! don't fear......... wots teh worst that can happen?? a bad investment!! lol... even the best gamblers lose once in a while!!
lets gamble.......
i do....wot abt u???

Aashi said...

i hope that one does take that chance.... i hope id do the same to :) and fast...and well lets hope the gamble pays off so that the bond grows stronger....kudos namesake thnx :D

Unknown said...

yes u r right in saying that trust has become an laien concept. we tend to typecast people and generalise the whole community after some odd incidence or encounter. all five fingures of our hand are not equal and same with people. we can't blame the whole community for one mishap. fundamentalism exists in every community. sikhs have it, as was evident in sacha sauda case, the hindus have it (kar sevaks invlovement in Gujarat riots). so get up to the reality and try to mend the communal walls rather than erecting more rigid ones. we have to rise above and unite.

A cliche thing though very apt. diwali has Ali in it and so is Ram in ramzan.

aativas said...

Very true. we have lost the ability to trust.. with constant announcements at airports/railway stations/bus stands ..about 'do not interact with strangers'..
But I do trust strangers and I always have very good friends carved out of strangers :-)

Makk said...

Well,Humans tend to typecast every single thing on this earth( or beyond too??)

Take any thing...you see a guy with pierced skin with in and you type cast him in a particular category.

A particular community being typecast as some thing is a common phenomena since ages. Is not it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...